by MarshaneilSoumi D’ Rozario | 3rd July, 2019
Shaving your armpits has its own challenges, because this area accumulates a lot of oil, sweat and barely sees the light of day. Yes, your armpit is one of the most neglected parts of the body. Shaving or waxing is not the most convenient procedure to get rid of armpit hair. These are passé and are now replaced by a more gentle and painless technique which is known as LASER hair reduction. This procedure gives you a silky-smooth armpit with no more growth and helps prevent razor injuries, burns and pigmentation.Dr. Mohan Thomas, Senior Cosmetic Surgeon, Cosmetic Surgery Institute, shares useful tips before using a razor on your armpits.
Using a razor for your armpits is a strict no. But if you still believe in using a razor on your armpits, then you should follow these golden rules:
1. Do not use a multiblade razor: Multiblade razors tend to pull and cut the hair very close to the skin, which causes the hair to retract under the skin surface, resulting in ingrown hairs.
2. Do not use a dull razor: It is suggested to use a sharp razor or an electric trimmer for a clean shave. If you feel that the razor is pulling your hair or not moving smoothly on your skin, then it is the right time to replace it.
3. Soften your hair: There might be a tendency to dry shave the armpit as the area is small, but this may cause increased friction burns. The best way is to wet your armpit and soak it in warm water for 2 -3 minutes before shaving. Later, you can shave.
4. Use a shaving gel: Use shaving gel to maintain moisture and help the razor glide more easily over your skin. Moreover, it will also helpprevent irritation.
5. Shave the armpit in all directions: Since armpit hairs grow in all different directions, it is important that shaving has to be done in all directions. For shaving, the skin should be stretched and short strokes have to be used to shave the hair.
6. Moisturizing the skin: It is advised not to use an aftershave or any application which is alcohol based. One can opt for cream or oil which can retain the moisture. Furthermore,
pigmentation if present can be treated by a combination of LASER, peels and oral consumption of antioxidants. These over the long term will reduce the pigmentation and improve the skin.
Take-away message: See to it that you adhere to these simple yet useful shaving rules. Avoid going overboard, and doing it the wrong way as it can lead to cuts, minor injuries, and trauma
Sister donates kidney to brother on eve of ...
How To Treat Blackheads
Wadia Hospital opened its first Outreach OPD in ...
KIMS Organize a National Nursing Conference
Why the Monsoons are Critical for Kidneys
Busting the Myths of Breastfeeding
World Stroke Day 29th Oct 2018
Hyderabad Doctors successfully perform Asia's ...
SuVitas Launches Bangalore’s First Dedicated ...
Itermittent Fasting: The How s and Why's
Eyes show you the world
Healthcare receives major limelight in General ...