by MarshaneilSoumi D’ Rozario | 11th July, 2019
Summer holidays are over and it’s time to head back to college for another year of hard work and learning. The stress of college life can reflect on your skin. So, don’t forget to take care of your skin in this entire hustle bustle. It is necessary to take care of the skin at an early age in order to reap the benefits of a healthy glowing skin later on in life.
It might be difficult following a strict skin care regime in college but Dr. Rinky Kapoor,Cosmetic Dermatologist & Dermato-Surgeon,The Esthetic Clinics,shares few simple tips that will simplify your skin care routine and won’t take much of your time.
• Drink adequate water: Before going to college fill up a water bottle and keep it with you. Take a sip every fifteen minutes or in between classes. When you are hydrated, your skin is happy.
• Take your make up off before you go to sleep: Your skin is working when you are sleeping. If you go to bed with your make up on, you will not only be inviting pimples and wrinkles but will also wake up with a tired looking older skin. Therefore, it is essential that you remove makeup before going to bed, without fail, using a good makeup remover. If you think you are going to be too tired, then use make up wipes before you go to sleep.
• Cleanse-Tone-Moisturize: Wash your face with a facial cleanser in the morning. This will help in clearing the skin. Apply toner on your skin before you apply anything else. This will prepare your skin like a canvas. The third step is to moisturize well. Find products that suit your skin and stick to them. This routine will take only five minutes of your time but will give you a healthy skin for the whole day.
• Sunscreen is imperative: Make sure that you don’t step out of the sun without a sunscreen on. Invest in sunscreen with SPF of at least 40 and PA rating of +++. Apply a generous amount of sunscreen on your face, neck, arms, ears and exposed parts of the body 15 minutes before stepping out. If you are going to be out for long, carry sunscreen with you and reapply every 3 hours.
• Use sheet masks: Feeling too tired and pressed for time? Use sheet masks for an instant perk me up. They are available in lots of varieties,that you can chose from according to your skin type, like seaweed mask for skin tightening, clay mask for purifying, etc.
• Clean your phone regularly: Your phone is a bed for dirt, grime and bacteria, and it touches your face. Clean your phone with a good cleaner and an antiseptic regularly.
Apart from these, cut down on smoking and alcohol, to let your skin breathe and glow.
Sister donates kidney to brother on eve of ...
How To Treat Blackheads
Wadia Hospital opened its first Outreach OPD in ...
KIMS Organize a National Nursing Conference
Why the Monsoons are Critical for Kidneys
Busting the Myths of Breastfeeding
World Stroke Day 29th Oct 2018
Hyderabad Doctors successfully perform Asia's ...
SuVitas Launches Bangalore’s First Dedicated ...
Itermittent Fasting: The How s and Why's
Eyes show you the world
Healthcare receives major limelight in General ...