by Marshaneil Soumi D' Rozario| 27 JULY 2018
Heavy rains in monsoon lead to a rise in snake and scorpion sightings. A recent case witnessed the Critical Care Unit at Aware Gleneagles Global hospitals, forefront their assistance to an emergency patient who was bitten by a poisonous snake.
27-year-old Murgan, a worker at a granite factory, was bitten by a snake at night while sleeping on the floor. He experienced numbness around the area of the bite, blurred vision, heaviness in the chest, and began vomiting. Locals and other factory workers helped admit him to a nearby private hospital. For a second opinion, Murgan was shifted to Aware Gleneagles Global hospitals for further treatment.
Dr. Vajrapu Rajendra, MD (NIMS), FNB (SGRH, N.Delhi), EDIC (UK),HOD & Sr. Consultant - Critical Care, Director – MICU, added, “When Murgan was admitted in the Aware Gleneagles Global hospitals, he was in a critical condition in an unconscious state and was having the mimics of a brain-dead person. He was proclaimed to be a brain-dead patient for whom sedation certainly had no point.”
Murgan was treated with antivenom and kept under the ventilator. He recovered fully, and thanked the doctors for their sustained efforts in his treatment.
Early Treatment Minimizes Heart Damage and Saves ...
STRUGGLING WITH EXCESSIVE DAYTIME SLEEPINESS
Learn about Osteoporosis causing fractures
RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS IT’S CURABLE BUT CAN ...
Early diagnosis and treatment for Breast Cancer
Anti obesity walk at KBR park
World Stroke Day 29th Oct 2018
Hyderabad Doctors successfully perform Asia's ...
SuVitas Launches Bangalore’s First Dedicated ...
Itermittent Fasting: The How s and Why's
Eyes show you the world
Healthcare receives major limelight in General ...