by The Welthi Bureau 14th March, 2019
What can you do for your kidneys?
Kidney Disease is a silent killer, which will largely affect your quality of life.There are, however, several ways to reduce the risk of developing Kidney Disease.
• Keep fit and active – exercise daily for 45 mins
• Ensure that your blood sugar levels are under control:
Hba1c = 6.5-7
• Monitor your blood pressure 120/80
* Eat healthy and keep your weight in check -
* Reduce salt intake.The recommended sodium intake is 5-6grams/day (around one teaspoon).
* Maintain a healthy fluid intake -
Drink 2-3 litres of water per day, which helps in clearing sodium, urea and toxins from your body
* Do not smoke.Smoking increases the risk of Kidney Cancer by 50%.
* Do not take over the counter pills – like pain killers and antibiotics, as they are known to cause kidney damage if taken regularly.
• Get your Kidney Function checked
• Get the following tests done annually if you are over 50 years of age:
- Serum Creatinine
- Urine Routine
- Lipid Profile
- 2D Echo
Remarkable improvement in 10 year Old Rayneesha ...
NOW RURAL INDIA CAN GET TREATED FOR DIABETES AT ...
ANGINA (CHEST PAIN) COULD BE A WARNING SIGN OF ...
HIGH FREQUENCY ULTRASOUND IS THE FUTURE OF ...
THE NUMBER ONE SUMMER HEALTH DRINK
World Stroke Day 29th Oct 2018
Hyderabad Doctors successfully perform Asia's ...
SuVitas Launches Bangalore’s First Dedicated ...
Itermittent Fasting: The How s and Why's
Our responsibility to our emotions
Eyes show you the world