by Marshaneil Soumi D’ Rozario | 11th Jan, 2019
Post-Christmas and New Year celebrations, it is time to reduce the extra weight gained during the celebration season. Most of the people want to focus on detoxing their body by following a few easy tips. Dietician Shweta Diwan from Slimage Diet Clinic has the following easy solutions for detox and shedding those extra kilos. In her opinion ‘diets should be built around current eating preferences without deviating too much, as a sustainable diet is a key to success in the long term’.
A few healthy tips to reduce weight
• Keeping oneself hydrated is the key. Adequate water intake helps in weight reduction along with giving a glowing skin. At least 10-12 glasses per day is a must.
• Never skip meals. Skipping a meal will never help in weight reduction. Instead, our body will save energy by slowing down the metabolism which will increase insulin levels.
• Take at least 20 mins to finish your meal, and make sure you are chewing each bite 32 times, otherwise, you will tend to eat more. It is scientifically proven that the stomach takes 20 mins to signal the
brain that it is full. While eating out, opt for roasted, grilled, baked or steamed dishes, instead of fried items.
• Make a routine of any basic exercise regime of about 30 mins per day at least 5 days a week.
• Don’t have heavy dinners.
• Keep weekend cheats available as a reward of following a planned health regime for 5-6 days.
* Opt for fruit to meet your sugar cravings, rather than deserts.
• Say goodbye to aerated drinks, and instead choose lemon water or detox water.
• Most importantly, sleep well. Sound sleep helps in rejuvenation and even weight loss.
How to deal with frequent hunger pangs
Keep a water bottle handy, drink a glass of water and then analyze your hunger pang. Most of the time our body needs water, and we feel as if we are hungry and start eating. Secondly, keep healthy options handy like fruit, salads, non-fried nuts (almonds, walnut, pistachios), makhanas, bhuna channa or prunes. Low salt soups are one of the very good options. Green leafy vegetables will keep one full, as they have a lot of fiber in them, so include them in your major meals. Chia seeds soaked in water can also be taken in between meals to avoid hunger pangs.
How to maintain a balance between diet and exercise
More than 70% of our body is water. If we exercise regularly and don’t pay attention to our diet, we won’t get the desired results. To reach a target or to maintain one’s ideal weight, both diet and exercise need to be balanced. When to eat, how much to eat and what to eat is key, even when exercising.
How to keep motivated
Rewarding is key. After 5-6 days of maintaining a healthy diet regime, reward yourself on weekends for consistency in following the plan. Buying a favourite pair of jeans or any dress of one smaller size will also keep you motivated.
A natural Diet Plan to shed extra kilos
• Empty stomach: drink a cup of tulsi water (4-5 tulsi leaves soaked overnight)
20-30 mins before all meals: a cup of water + half tsp of chia seeds soaked (drink after chia seeds are soaked for more than 3 hours)
• Breakfast: 1 wheat bread toast + 40g of paneer/1 egg whole + a cup of tea/coffee without sugar
• Mini meal: lemon water with 10 almonds+10pistas
• Lunch: a bowl of dark green leafy vegetable with a multigrain roti or bathua or methi roti + salad + sabut dal
• Evening: tea/coffee + 10 makhanas
• Late evening – soup with less or no salt
• Pre-dinner: 2-3 prunes
• Dinner: roasted/ grilled or baked paneer/soya chaap or dals + sautéed veggies + salad + a small piece of jaggery
• Post dinner: a cup of warm water + 1 tsp of amla juice diluted
World’s smallest and lightest leadless ...
A unique medical feat at Apollo Hospitals, ...
AM I HAVING A PANIC ATTACK?
SEEK HELP FOR STAMMERING
QUICK FACTS ABOUT FLAT FEET
Humanistic Co-Design Workshop for Visually ...
World Stroke Day 29th Oct 2018
Hyderabad Doctors successfully perform Asia's ...
SuVitas Launches Bangalore’s First Dedicated ...
Itermittent Fasting: The How s and Why's
Our responsibility to our emotions
Eyes show you the world