by The Welthi Bureau|03rd Jan, 2019
Constant use of digital devices, inadequate hours of sleep and unbalanced diet pose a threat to eye health and vision, but it’s worth remembering that there are some natural ways in which we can give our eye efficiency a boost.
Palming is an exercise designed to rest the eyes and ease tension in the whole body. It basically involves covering the eyes with one’s palms, with the elbows balanced on a level surface, and no pressure at all exerted on the eyes. People practicing palming on a regular basis report clearer vision and less eye strain, all because they give their eyes frequent breaks.
Palming serves two vital functions. It rests the optic nerve and relieves the rigidity of the eye muscles. The way it rests the optic nerve is by shutting out all light when the palms are placed over the eyes, so that the optic nerve is prevented from stimulation by outside images. Directing our minds to imagine only blackness, keeps mental stimulation of the optic nerve also to a minimum. Palming relieves the rigidity of the eye muscles. This relaxation communicates to the brain that the eyes do not always have to strain and that they can function better and more comfortably through relaxation than through stress.
How to ‘Palm’ effectively:
• Your arms should be completely supported at just the right height to cover your eyes without pressing on them. Sit at a table with pillows supporting your arms.
• Rub your hands together to warm them.
• Close your eyes and place your cupped palms directly over them, with your fingers on your forehead, extending up to your hairline.
• Breathe deeply and imagine that you see complete darkness.
• With your optic muscle thus relieved, stay in position for at least 6 minutes.
Perform Palming Exercises frequently to reinvigorate your eyes, relieve tension and ease eye strain.
World’s smallest and lightest leadless ...
A unique medical feat at Apollo Hospitals, ...
AM I HAVING A PANIC ATTACK?
SEEK HELP FOR STAMMERING
QUICK FACTS ABOUT FLAT FEET
Humanistic Co-Design Workshop for Visually ...
World Stroke Day 29th Oct 2018
Hyderabad Doctors successfully perform Asia's ...
SuVitas Launches Bangalore’s First Dedicated ...
Itermittent Fasting: The How s and Why's
Our responsibility to our emotions
Eyes show you the world