by The Welthi Bureau | 10 JULY 2018
Bangalore, 10th July 2018: A 1-year-old boy was brought to the Emergency Department of Columbia Asia Hospital, with an alleged case of accidental ingestion of live fish from an aquarium at home. The boy experienced coughing associated with excessive drooling of blood tinged saliva, and difficulty in breathing.
The incident was witnessed by family at home. On examination by Dr. Senthil Kumar, the child was distressed, breathing abnormally rapidly and wheezing. When his throat was examined, there was excess pooling of saliva with a little blood.
A soft-tissue X-ray of the neck was taken, suggesting soft tissue shadow in the cricopharyngeal area with anterior displacement, and narrowing of the windpipe anteriorly. A direct laryngoscopy revealed blood tinge oral secretions along the vocal cord edema, but no evidence of the presence of a foreign body was found. The child was intubated and mechanically ventilated due to respiratory distress.
He was shifted to PICU, and when an upper GI endoscopy was done, a whole fish was seen at the fundus of stomach. It was cut into multiple pieces and removed. The child’s condition was managed with ventilator support and supportive medications. He was intubated on his second day at the ICU and he was discharged in a stable condition.
Love Thyself - A Valentine's Day Message
7 Step Treatment For Spotless Skin
POWERFUL PROPERTIES OF THE HUMBLE BRINJAL
Neuberg Diagnostics & OptraSCAN® announce the ...
Keyhole Surgery: A revolution in malignant and ...
DELAY AGEING BY FASTING
World Stroke Day 29th Oct 2018
Hyderabad Doctors successfully perform Asia's ...
SuVitas Launches Bangalore’s First Dedicated ...
Itermittent Fasting: The How s and Why's
Our responsibility to our emotions
Eyes show you the world